Dolly Dozier figured out early in life that she would never be bored if she had a great book to read. As a result, her overactive imagination, along with her love of storytelling, has given her wings to do, well … anything.
Before she started writing books for young readers, Dolly had a very interesting career in advertising, media, and the performing arts. She teaches writing classes at Wake Technical Community College, and is a big community volunteer.
Dolly lives in the wilds of central North Carolina with her husband and 18 year old son, and their companions Magnolia May (the beagle) and Dilly Freckles (the cat). When she’s not writing or telling stories, she likes to travel and spend time outdoors hiking, kayaking, gardening, and riding bikes with the boys. You can keep up with her at www.DollyDozier.com and @DollyDozier.
- Favorite Food: Doritos
- Favorite Book: Calico the Wonder Horse or
the Saga of Stewey Stinker
- Favorite Series: It’s a toss-up between
Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and
The Spiderwick Chronicles
- Favorite Ice Cream: Charlie Brown
- Favorite Author: Virginia Lee Burton
- Favorite Character: Junie B. Jones
- Favorite Movie: The Princess Bride
- Favorite TV: Spongebob Square Pants
- Favorite Band: The Beatles
- Favorite Superhero: Wonder Woman
Would you like to contact Dolly to request a community HOOPLA; invite her to speak at your school/library/book club; or to just say hi, send her an e-mail at dolly [ at ] dolly dozier dot com.
She loves to hear from her readers!