Dolly Dozier discovered early in life that having a good book and a playful spirit meant she was never bored.
Before she started writing books for young readers, she had an interesting career in PR, media, and the performing arts. She’s an adjunct instructor in the Creative Writing Programs at two community colleges in central North Carolina, and a big community volunteer. Most importantly, she’s a firm believer that the world is what you make it.
Dolly lives in the wilds of central North Carolina with her husband and son, and Magnolia May the beagle. When she’s not writing or telling stories, she likes to spend time outdoors hiking, kayaking, gardening, and riding bikes with her boys. You can keep up with her @DollyDozier.
And you can always find me on Amazon!
- Favorite Food: Doritos
- Favorite Book: Calico the Wonder Horse or
the Saga of Stewey Stinker
- Favorite Series: It’s a toss-up between
Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and
The Spiderwick Chronicles
- Favorite Ice Cream: Charlie Brown
- Favorite Author: Virginia Lee Burton
- Favorite Character: Junie B. Jones
- Favorite Movie: The Princess Bride
- Favorite TV: Spongebob Square Pants
- Favorite Band: The Beatles
- Favorite Superhero: Wonder Woman
Would you like to contact Dolly to request a community HOOPLA, invite her to speak at your school/library/book club, or to just say hi? Send her an e-mail at dolly [ at ] dolly dozier dot com. She loves to hear from her readers!